As reported last month, March was our first month of actively marketing the Genesys project. A target selection process was undertaken, with specific marketing deliverables and objectives being defined. We selected our target, Petro Canada, and began the slow process of revealing that bureaucracies capabilities. Unfortunately we did not receive the response we were expecting. Petro Canada's first quarter provides further evidence of the problems with the hierarchy in oil and gas and we will continue on with our marketing program.
We have subscribed to Google Analytics and are able to map out the response to the blog entries. This a comprehensive tool that provides significant advantages for our marketing plans.
- Revenue to the end of April: $0.00
- Sun Grid The first thing we need is a home for the code. The grid provides everything we need in this instance, and the Grid that I selected was Sun's. At $1 per processor hour, a very affordable way to secure the resources we need. I think that our first years requirements would be amply satisfied with 10,000 hours of processing for the remainder of 2006 calendar year. Total requirement = $13,300
- Ingres Open Source database and part time DBA, Total requirements = $57,500.
- Collabnet. I would like to have a generous budget for this critical tool. Provides the code management, community process, project management and issue management. Budget includes tools, appropriate setup and consulting services. Total requirements = $34,500
- General and Administrative, first 6 months of operation Total requirements = $69,000
- Membership in W3C Total requirements = $9,500
- Project management and development = $300,000
- Total Capital and Operating budget, 2006... $484,000
- Sponsors, producers, and user contributions are accepted.
- Please recall that this community is and will be supported by the producers. Based on an annual $ assessment per barrel of oil. For 2006 the assessment was fixed at $1 per boe per day per year.
- A company such as Encana in Canada would therefore be expected to support the community to the tune of $700,000 for the 2006 calendar year.
- These Monthly Business Report budgets are being proposed on a pay as you go basis for 2006 to support the community and ensure the community develops in the manner that is expected.
- Your donations are greatly appreciated, no donations means minimal work is being done.