What did we learn that is directly applicable to People, Ideas & Objects and the Community of Independent Service Providers. Here are a few points;
- "Strategy follows Structure". Therefore by establishing the Joint Operating Committee as the key organizational construct of the innovative producer, strategy can be set for each unique asset.
- Schumpeter "Innovation drives economic development". For our global economy to grow, greater supply of energy is required. To meet this demand the energy producers must innovate.
- Professor William Lazonick "The optimizing firm is not an innovating firm, indeed it can be characterised as an un-innovating firm."
- The costs of innovation are an investment. However, the source of the funds to support innovation are from revenues not profits, equity or debt.
- Professor William Lazonick's "Social Conditions of Innovative Enterprise".
- Winter "To me the really powerful things in his story are path dependence and the organizational embededness of competencies and capabilities".
- Velocity, or "organizational speed" enabled size. Size does not necessarily enable speed.
- Capital Started everything. Chandler's review of corporate history shows the role of the merchants. Investing their capital and skills, merchants were the ones that started the ball rolling.
- Management have no stake in the firm. If a crisis were to strike a firm, the management would resume elsewhere. It is the investor and debt holders who will shoulder the costs.
- Management currently hold the reigns, and are mindful that their options may lay elsewhere. Ownership, in the same fashion as the Merchants needs to start over. Starting over begins with supporting People, Ideas & Objects and the Community of Independent Service Providers.
- Chandler noted that management have failed before. During the great depression, a time when government had to increase its involvement in the economy. Management may not see the more global picture, and therefore, may fail again.
Our appeal should be based on these eight "Focused on" priorities and values of how better the oil and gas industry and its operations could be handled. They may not initially be the right way to go, but we are committed to working with the various communities to discover and ensure the right ones are. If your an enlightened producer, an oil and gas director, investor or shareholder, who would be interested in funding these software developments and communities, please follow our Funding Policies & Procedures, and our Hardware Policies & Procedures. If your a government that collects royalties from oil and gas producers, and are concerned about the accuracy of your royalty income, please review our Royalty Policies & Procedures and email me. And if your a potential user of this software, and possibly as a member of the Community of Independent Service Providers, please join us here.
Technorati Tags: People's Chandler Langlois Management